Author/Source: P. Uthayakumar / Sahabat Rakyat Blog
|This article is the full text written by P. Uthayakumar specially for the forum in commemoration of the 18th Anniversary of Sahabat Rakyat entitled “Mahathir returns to power after regime change in the 14th General Election, A progression or regression of the democratic reform movement?” held at Cathay Restaurant Kulai, Johor on 21 September 2019.|
It is 470 days today of Tun Mahathir’s Pakatan Harapan(PH) government. It appeared magical and a dream come true for especially the B75 Indian poor when real multi-racialism took centre stage and the end of the UMNO era divisive racist and supremacist policies and politics. The euphoria was further escalated when unprecedentedly the Attorney General, four(4) Ministers and the Deputy Rural and Regional Development Deputy Minister were Indians, Lim Guan Eng and Gobind Singh were made Finance and Multimedia (Information) Ministers respectively, Liew Chin Tiong the Deputy Defence Minister and Richard Malanjum the Chief Justice. Further Jakim was to be reviewed, three most powerful UMNO leaders (and the then Attorney General) were barred from leaving the country and later prosecuted,UMNO Accounts frozen and the all powerful UMNO crushing and falling before our very eyes etc.
What more Pakatan Harapan (PH) also winning up to 95% of the Indian votes on the promises made in the 25 point Pakatan Harapan (Indian) GE 14 Elections Manifesto which promises to solve almost the A to Z of the B75 Indian poor problems. But fast forward 470 days today, it appears that in Pakatan Harapan and Tun Mahathir’s UMNO era divisive racist and supremacist policies and politics especially in ‘preserving’ the B75 Indian poor in Malay-sia Baru to be yet again left behind from Malay-sia Baru’s National Mainstream Development … appears to reigning supreme all over again in contravention of especially Article 8 of the Federal Constitution which guarantees equality before the law and the very core of the Pakatan Harapan 25 Point (Indian) Manifesto itself.
Our Case in these 470 days but to no avail :-
- (More for record purposes) vide our letter dated 14/5/18 we had written to Tun Mahathir titled “Humble proposal for post of D.G. Implementation & Coordinating Unit (ICU), PM’s Dept in particular to implement Pakatan Harapans’ Indian manifesto for Hindraf De Facto Leader and senior lawyer Mr.P.Uthayakumar”.
- Vide our letter dated 25/5/2018 and 23/7/18 to Tun Mahathir titled “Permohonan pendaftaran Hindraf 2.0” and “Rayuan – Penolakan pendaftaran Hindraf 2.0 oleh Pendaftar Pertubuhan; tidak mematuhi Perlembagaan Persekutuan(Freedom of Association) Akta Pertubuhan, “Rule of Law”, Manifesto Pakatan Rakyat & Malaysia Baru”.
- Within three(3) weeks of PH taking power, vide our 13 page researched Memorandum to Tun Mahathir dated 28/5/2018 we had proposed amongst others the creation of 100,000 business and self employment opportunities per year for the B75 Indian poor especially so in undoing the injustices caused by the UMNO era divisive racist policies and politics.
- Vide our letter dated 18/6/2018 we had written to Tun Mahathir and Mrs. Anwar Ibrahim,DPM cum Welfare Minister titled “Homeless Partially Blind Indian Lady (also 3 of her 5 children), husband broke both legs in accident & still hospitalized : Permanent Solutions for B75 Indian poor?:Tip of Iceberg!”.
- Vide our letter dated 10/7/2018 to Prime Minister and Federal Territories Minister Khalid Samad titled “SOS: Rayuan supaya Store Peniaga Kecil Barangan Lusoh India tidak dirobohkan … dalam memenuhi Manifesto No18 Kerajaan PH… Beli dari B75 India miskin @ B75 membeli Mee Maggi. (3) Cadangan “legalise” Perniagaan Besi Lusoh”. However four Indian Recycling Outlets in Setapak were demolished on 21/2/2019.
- In not wanting to give a walk over in the backdrop of PH still flying high, we cautiously marked the 100th day of PH in power with a small Public Forum in Brickfeilds outlining our 4 page researched Memorandum to Tun Mahathir dated 17/8/2018 amongst others calling for the delivery of the 25 point PH Indian Manifesto wherein they had acknowledged in particular in the preamble thereto “Sebagai rakyat yang mempunyai hak yang sama dengan semua warganegara lain, sudah tiba masanya untuk semua bentuk diskriminasi yang menzalimi warga India dihapuskan … Pengagihan kekayaan negara mestilah dilakukan secara adil dan penindasan ekonomi terhadap warga India dihentikan serta-merta…” Wow!
- On 9/4/2019 the Putrajaya Federal Court Panel led by Tan Sri Azhar Mohamad dismissed a Public Interest case for justice by lawyer P.Uthayakumar where OKU Muneswaran who from birth is blind in one eye, the other eye partially blind and of low intelligence was beaten by a group of 12 policemen at his low cost flat, also involving an A.C.P up until he vomited blood.
- On the 1st year anniversary of PH rule, at a small outdoor Rally in Brickfeilds on 12/5/2019 (also attended by Sahabat Rakyat) we were about the first to albeit politely rebuke Tun Mahathir publicly vide our 21 page researched Memorandum dated 8/5/2019 and titled “1 year Pakatan Harapan Govt @ Indian Manifesto Report Card. End 62 years racist & supremacist policies & politics victimizing B75 Indian poor: 1% delivery for B75 (Indian poor) & 50.1% Rating : HINDRAF 2.0”.
(Note: It was only after this 1 year critical mass timeline that the B75 Indian poor and others started openly and publicly appearing to rebuke the Pakatan Harapan administration)
- Vide our Statement copied to Tun Mahathir titled “Harapans’ Indian poor non delivery reverberates in Kedah “Barisan lost, Harapan won but did the B75 Indian poor win? … “End Umno era divisive racist policies and politics!” @ Lunas, Padang Serai forum on 23/6/19.
- On 26/7/2019 Legal Aid Lawyer K.Arivom Namasivayam was prosecuted by Negeri Sembilan State Prosecution Director DPP Wan Shaharuddin bin Wan Ladin for merely discharging his duties in defending a domestic violence victim who had lodged 16 police reports against her estranged husband. This is despite Arivom’s Lawyer P.Uthayakumar’s letter of representation dated 21/7/2019.
- On 15/8/2019 P.Uthayakumar’s Public Interest Appeal was dismissed by the Putrajaya Court of Appeal for the Pengarah Penjara Kajang to be cited for Contempt of Court for failing to abide by the Kuala Lumpur High Court Orders to imprison him at Kajang Prison separately from common criminals like where the Malay and Chinese Political Prisoners were imprisoned and to be sent for Medical treatment to HUKM.
- Vide our letter dated 17/9/2019 to Tun Dr.Mahathir and the IGP titled “On Malaysia Day, 2 Malaysian Indians & 1 British P.R. family mere suspects shot dead by police, ‘enforced disappearance’ of wife. SOS: Stop police “shoot to kill policy” & “enforced disappearance” under Pakatan Harapans’ New Malaysia, forthwith implement IPCMC, guns & bullets Audit, & Urgent Appointment with IGP.
- Summary of PH top 15 non delivery of even of the very basic necessities food, shelter and education for the B75 Indian Poor is as per Annexture 1 enclosed herewith.
(Note: Dr.Mahathir and PH did not even reply to our aforesaid letters)
As it stands today, the 470th day, even the PH top leaders like Lim Kit Siang and Rais Hussin have conceded that if the General Elections were to be held today PH would lose, largely because of their non fulfillment of the GE 14 Election promises. It is disappointing to note that Tun Mahathir appears to be going back to his good old ways … started playing up the UMNO era divisive racist and supremacist policies and politics including denial of Matriculation and critical courses seats for the B75 Indian poor, Zakir Naik, Khat(Jawi), Zamri Vinod, PHs’ late reaction to non muslim food products boycott, Indira Ghandi’s unlawfully converted daughter still “not recovered” even by IGP Hamid Bador, Sedition Act,POCA,POTA, the death sentence and other repressive laws not repealed,ICERD not ratified, the attempted demolishment and/or denial of land to the Seafeilds Temple and thousands of other Hindu temples, cemeteries, Tamil schools, Indian Felda and Felcra schemes, cow farms, besi buruk and car wash outlets etc.
So what is to be the solution? … A Third Force perhaps … ?
De Facto Leader, Hindraf 2.0
- The 100 days promise to some 350,000(4) B75 Indian poor is yet to be delivered by failing to fulfill even PH Promise No.1 by still denying them their Constitutional Birth Certificates and Citizenship @ innate Birth Rights which could be resolved merely by the stroke of the pen by the Prime Minister and/or Home Minister’s Directive to the Director General of the National Registration Department.
(We have recorded only the seasonal mere 200 citizenships announced by the Home Minister during Deepavali 2018 @ 0.05% delivery. To quote Social Activist Dr.Kua Kia Soong “at this rate we will be witnessing such yearly Deepavali “gifts” for the next 1,500 years!(5). Maybe marking PHs’ 1st anniversary(5A) a further 1,641(0.46%) citizenships were dished out).
- Vide PHs’ Promise No 10, RM1,500.00 minimum wage also within 100 days is not fulfilled.
- Vide Promise No 2 PH promised to provide affordable Housing especially for the estate workers and the B40 (B75 for Indian poor). To the direct contrary we have recorded at PHs’ 1st anniversary an accumulated 45,403 (10) cases of homeless, landless and the homes of the B75 Indian poor being demolished arising largely from the unfulfilled Tun Razak Estate Workers Housing Scheme 1973 Policy.
(Note: The Malays, Orang Asli, Kadazan, Iban etc. have tens of thousands of villages, farms and land banks nationwide (also foreign workers in their respective countries), even the poor Chinese have 630 Chinese New Villages. To the contrary the B75 Indian poor have almost Zero villages, farms and land banks as their social safety net(11). In an emergency or in the event of a misfortune, they have Zero Social Safety Net to the extent that their option may be to commit suicide (12).
- Vide PH promise No 4, full financial aided status for all 525 Tamil schools with same infrastructure standards as that of National schools within their first term (Parliamentary Term) is a non starter. We have however recorded 191(13) instances of Tamil Schools being denied even the very basics for example tables and chairs, children using tar roads as playing fields, ammonia fumes and ash from factory and crematorium, denied kindergartens, annex buildings, toilets in deplorable state, access roads etc.
(Note: Critical situations in Tamil schools ranging from being under high tension TNB electric cables, 90 year old wooden and on the verge of collapsing, termite infested, catching fire, cramped up by almost 100%, Serendah Tamil School yet to be built even after one by-election, two General Elections and two “pecah tanah”, public protests etc, construction of 37 Tamil schools not completed even up to 8 years now, Tamil School even in the Education Minister’s Constituency denied 150 meters access road and therefore cannot be opened, operating from Construction Cabins, low enrolment schools refused to be relocated to largely Indian populated areas).
- Vide PH Promise No. 15 and 18, small Indian businesses would be given micro credit, financial assistance, licenses and business permits will be made easy especially for the Indian Recycling outlets.
(Note: Why not licenses and micro credit facilities be given to even operate Burger, Mobile Stalls and Food Trucks in Chinese Housing areas let alone denying tens of thousands of petty trading licenses etc. We have recorded seven elderly Indian traders in Brickfields having operated for 40 years who were given Notice to evict (72). An Indian Sugarcane water and food stall was similarly demolished in Setapak (73) and another Indian Recycling Outlet in Puchong demolished (74).
- Vide Promise No. 17 PH will grant FELDA and FELCRA like land settlement schemes with financial assistance. However we have recorded Zero to date. PH could have Compulsorily Acquired further to Section 76 (aa) (ii) and Section 116(1)(d)(4) of the National Land Code read together with the Land Acquisition Act 1965 and the Local Government Act of for example Sime Darby Plantation lands for this purpose. PH choose to watch silently as bulldozers literally bulldozed 111 traditional Indian vegetable farms in Cameron Highlands (75).
- Although qualified, only an estimated 2% of Public Universities’ intake are allowed for Malaysian Indians and most B75 cannot afford Private Universities especially in the critical courses like Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, Accountancy, Architecture and other Professional courses.
- For the year 2018 a total of 2,200 Matriculation places were granted by the previous BN government for high achieving Indian SPM students also after Hindrafs’ public protests since 2010. But the PH Education Minister Maszlee Malek announced that the said 2,200 places was a one off grant. The next day PH must have directed their powerless and showpiece Indian Senior most Minister to do a la MIC Tamil Dailies headlines propaganda that the said 2,200 places is retained but which was never mentioned in the said Education Minister’s Media Statement released on the very same day! (76).
- PH has also still refused to recognize the long outstanding. Thousands of B75 Indian poor Medical Graduates from affordable overseas Medical Universities.
- Vide Promise No. 6 and 7, PH promised places in Fully Residential schools, MRSM and Regular Residential Secondary Schools (and Giat Mara Colleges?) for the B 75. We have recorded the announcement of 377 out of 7,760 places (78) or 4.85% in Form One at MRSM for the year 2019 intake. In confirming the authenticity of even the said 377 places the Rural and Regional Development Ministry has not published a list of the names and Identity Card numbers of the said students. In giving proper effect, provisions for Indian food, Hindu Counselor Teachers and weekly Hindu Temple visits is not made.
- Vide Promise No. 19, PH promised to provide sufficient places for Hindu Temples and Hindu Cemeteries. However not only were the existing Hindu temples not granted land, gazette and granted Land Titles accordingly but many were demolished. The Seafeilds Hindu Temple demolishment saga sent a dangerous signal when at least 12 people were injured and 23 of the intruder’s cars unprecedentedly burnt by angry Hindus. Disregarding “Dr. M: Riots should be a wake up call” (79), PH government further demolished the Relau Hindu Temple in Penang (80).
(Note : In the aftermath of the 25th November 2007 Hindraf Rally, the UMNO government made a Ministerial Statement in Parliament that no Hindu temples would be demolished in Kuala Lumpur which was honored as at the 2018 General Elections. To the contrary PH demolished the Kampong Limau PPR Hindu temple (81), and the Jinjang Utara Hindu Temple in April 2019. The PPR Kg Baru Air Panas Hindu Temple was slated for demolished also on the 17th of April 2019 but was deferred when Hindraf 2.0 launched a Social Media campaign against the same. We have henceforth recorded three Hindu temple demolishments by the PH government. 152 hindu temples in need of the PH State government land (potential Seafeilds Temple time bombs?) including the 120 year old Tepi Sungai, Klang Mariaman Hindu Temple (82). The Prime Minister as Chairman of the National Physical Planning Council by the stroke of the pen can direct that all houses of worship (and cemeteries), no matter how small it is to be incorporated and recognized on the Masterplan of any land(83), and thereafter gazetted and issued Land Titles accordingly.
We have also recorded thirteen(13) Hindu cemeteries and last rites ceremony Halls similarly denied Land Titles with one Hindu Cemetery actually going missing in thin air(84).
- Vide Promise No. 11, PH promised to direct GLCs’, Federal Government Agencies and Local Authorities to target 10% of the workforce for the B75 Indian poor. To date we have actually recorded ZERO.
- Vide Promise No. 22, PH promised to address (B75) Indian poverty “unlike the UMNO government”. Our monitoring however reveals widespread chronic poverty :- “If lucky we get rice porridge, if not rice in water” for single mother and 3 children (85), Son, daughter and daughter in law all passed away leaving eight grand children aged 7, 9, 10… with grandmother (60) and are given a mere RM200.00 by the Welfare Department! (86), students going hungry to school (87), Single Mother with two young children denied Welfare help at all (88) Homeless family living at bus stop with 3 year old baby (89), No mattress and forced to sleep on cement as her husband is in jail for mother(62) with 3 young children who is also a stroke patient(90), Broke hand and leg in accident, single mother with 7 children struggles (91), Three children 11,14 and 15 cannot even afford to go to school (92).
(Note: This widespread B75 chronic poverty also contributes to increase in Indian crime rate which came about only in the last 30 years of UMNO and the last 470 days in the PH rule.
- Widespread B75 workforce victims denied SOCSO Claims and Pensions. The powerless PH Indian Human Resources Senior Minister is of no or very little help!!!
- Vide promise No 16. PH promised to form the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in combating (widespread racial) discrimination and unfairness both in the public and private sectors. But we have recorded ZERO delivery, maybe in recognition of the Zero votes for BN campaign!
- The Malaysian Insight 1.5.19
- Malaysiakini 14.1.19
- Based on ONE year monitoring and research covering over 500 newsreports mostly from the 4 Tamil Dailies, three English Dailies and 5 Internet Newsportals and Social Media.
- Hindraf (2.0s’) Malaysian Indian Minority Human Rights Violations Annual Report 2009 at page 23.
- Press statement by Kua Kia Soong, SUARAM Adviser 26 Oct 2018
(5A) Malaysia Nanban 8/5/2019 at page 1
- Malaysiakini 30 April 2019
- The Star 16.1.2019 at page 25, Malaysia Nanban 14/12/2018 at page 4 and 30/1/19 at pg 1.
- M.kini 11.1.19
- MakkalOsai 8/8/2018 at page 6.
- 27,803 at as 100 days and a further 1,777 totaling 29,580as at the 200th dayand a further 15,758 totaling 45,338as at the 365th day.
- Ref: Hindraf 2.0s’ 25 Proposals to Tun Mahathir, TunDaim and Council on Institutional Reforms dated 28.5.18).(PHPromise No 2 and 3 refers)
- Poverty and poverty related suicides among the Indian community in Malaysia: Ref- MakkalOsai 13/1/2019 at page 13, Tamil Malar 19/3/2019 at page 1.
- 113 as at 200th day
- Tamil Malar 19/11/2018 at page 5.
- The Star 8/10/2018 at page 2.
- The Star 29/10/2018 at page 11.
16A. Details of the 45 critical conditions in Items 17 – 71 hereinbelow are outlined in Appendix 1)
- The Star 23/11/2018 at page 30.
- The Star 27/8/2018 at page 18.
- MakkalOsai 3/9/2018 at page 3
- Malaysia Nanban 9/9/2018 at page 5
- MakkalOsai 14/9/2018 at page 3
- Malaysia Nanban 14/9/2018 at page 1
- Malaysia Nanban 19/9/2018 at page 2.
- MakkalOsai 29/9/2018 at page 10.
- Tamil Nesan 19/8/2018 at page 1
- MakkalOsai 28/8/2018 at page 10
- MakkalOsai 6/10/2018 Headlines
- MakkalOsai 23/8/2018 at page 14, Malaysia Nanban 25/82018 at page 3, Malaysia Nanban 11/9/2018 at page 12, Malaysia Nanban 23/8/2018 at page 12 and Tamil Nesan 2/10/2018 Headlines respectively
- Malaysia Nanban 28/8/2018 at page 12 and MakkalOsai 5/8/2018 at page 10 respectively.
- Malaysia Nanban 20/12/2019 Headlines
- MakkalOsai 1/3/2019 at page 7 / MakkalOsai 13/1/2019 at page 10
- MakkalOsai 1/3/2019 at page 3
- Malaysia Nanban 2/3/2019 at page 16
- Malaysia Nanban 4/3/2019 Headlines
- Malaysia Nanban 5/3/2019 at page 3
- Tamil Malar 9/3/2019 at page 12
- Malaysia Nanban Headlines 7/3/2019
- Tamil Malar 14/3/2019 at page 2
- Tamil Malar 14/3/2019 at page 6
- MakkalOsai 3/2/2019 at page 1
- Tamil Malar 2/2/2019 at page 5
- MakkalOsai 2.5.2019 at page 1
- Ref NST 28/4/2019 at page 4
- Malaysia Nanban 17/1/2019 Headlines
- The Star 16/1/2019 at page 18
- Tamil Malar 15.1.2019 at page 1
- Tamil Nesan 13/1/2019 at page 1
- The Star 14/1/2019 at page 12
- MakkalOsai 13/1/2019 at page 1
- The Star 12/1/2019 at page 21
- MakkalOsai 10/1/2019 at page 1
- Malaysia Nanban 6/1/2019 at page 12
- Malaysia Nanban 8/1/2019 at page 7
- Malaysia Nanban 8/1/2019 Headlines
- MakkalOsai 30/12/2018 at page 12
- Malaysia Nanban 30/12/2019 at page 1
- Tamil Nesan 29/12/2019 at page 1
- MakkalOsai 28/12/2018 at page 3
- MakkalOsai 27/12/2019 at page 10
- MakkalOsai 27/12/2018 at page 3
- Starmetro 27/11/2017 at page 10
- The Star 7/1/2019 at page 16
- Tamil Malar 3/1/2019 at page 5
- (Kinrara, Lancang, Blue Valley, Jelebu, Semenyih, Saga, Taman , Keladi (Sg. Petani), Ampang and Menglembu Tamil schools)
- MakkalOsai 3/2/2019 at page 12 &MakkalOsai 20/12/2018 headlines
- Malaysia Nanban 3/1/2019 at page 7
- Malaysia Nanban 4/1/2019 at page 3
- Malaysia Nanban 31/3/2019 at page 1
- Malaysia Nanban 4/1/2019 headlines
- Air Manis(Muar),Tebrau Estate, Dublin Estate (Kulim), Semburong (Renggam), Changkat Jong Estate (Sg.Siput),ChangkatKending(Ipoh) Tamil Schools.
- Malaysia Nanban7/5/2019 at page 1 (Layang2 Tamil School)
- Starmetro 19/12/2019 at page 4
- Malaysia Nanban 20/2/2019 at page 16
- Tamil Malar 5/3/2019 at page 1
- Malay Mail 9/4/2019
- Tamil Malar 25/4/2019 Headlines (2,200)
- The Star 3/12/2018 at page 3 (cuba)
- MakkalOsai 23/3/2019 at page 1 (mrsm)
- NST 30/11/2018 at page 2
- The Star 4/5/2019 at page 18
- NST 5/1/2019 at page 51
- Malaysia Nanban 23/2/2019 at page 1
- The Star 29/11/2018 at page 3
- Tamil Malar 6/1/2019 at page 4
- MakkalOsai 8/1/2019 at page 1 (rice)
- MakkalOsai 31/12/2019 at page 1 (granny)
- MakkalOsai 11/3/2019 at page 14 (hungry)
- MakkalOsai 9/3/2019 at page 16 (No Welfare)
- Tamil Malar 25/12/2018 at page 15 (Bus)
- MakkalOsai 1/4/2019 at page 1 (cement)
- Tamil Nesan 19/1/2019 at page 16 (accidt)
- Tamil Malar 7/1/2019 at page 2 (no school)
- Tamil Nesan 5/12/2019 at page 5 (dcm)
- MakkalOsai 12/1/2019 at page 7 (spkr)
- Tamil Nesan 14/1/2019 at page 6 (Kedah
- MakkalOsai 8/3/2019 at page 3 (bus)
- Tamil Nesan 15/12/2018 at page 4 (prk ex)
- Tamil Malar 20/1/2019 at page 3 (full pg)
- Tamil Nesan 14/1/2019 at page 1 (pgl)
- Malaysia Nanban 31/3/2019 at page 1 (comm)
- MakkalOsai 3/3/2019 at page 16 (wtrd.conn)
- MakkalOsai 4/3/2019 at page 2 (fld)
- Malaysia Nanban 10/3/2019 at page 16 (6k)
- Tamil Malar Headlines 31/1/2019 (poca)
- Malaysia Nanban Headlines 26/11/2019 (mud)
- The Star 4/10/2018 at page 19 (tosai)
- The Malaysian Insider 1/5/2019 (3d)
- MakkalOsai 9/12/2018 at page 3 (rly)
- Malaysiakini 15 Apr 2019 (lose)
- Malaysiakini 31.12.19 (kua)
- The Star 29/12/2018
“Tamil school left without electricity for two weeks” (17) , “PTA wants (90 years old wooden Tamil) school relocated for safety” (18), PH Indian Selangor EXCO dishing out RM 150.00 for top Tamil School students scoring 7As’(19) but denied entry into MRSM, fully residential schools etc, “Bukit Raja Tamil School classrooms infested by white ants”(20), 170 pupils (cramped) into Gelang Patah Tamil School (originally meant) for 90(21), Electric Wiring caught fire at (wooden) Tebrau Estate Tamil School (and pupils forced to study along the corridors)(22), Security Guards salary not paid in Tamil Schools (23), “Three Perak Tamil School building works stop”(24), St Helier Tamil School Building Works (stopped)(25) ,90 year old (wooden) Malos Estate Tamil School on the verge of collapsing (26) , 74 Tamil School toilets in deplorable state(27), five Tamil Schools in Rembau, Ulu Tiram, Lunas, Batu Gajah and Port Dickson denied Land Titles (28), Sg Kawang Tamil School and St Leonard Tamil School denied Annex Buildings (29) in catering to increased intake, 18 Tamil schools denied kindergartens (30), Semenyih Tamil School denied 6 acres land (31), Sg Jerik Tamil School, Pahang denied RM350,000.00(32) , Despite land being granted by UMW and even after one by-election, two General Elections, two “pecah tanah” ceremonies and scores of Tamil media headlines catching public protests involving even school children, the Serendah Tamil School is yet to be built (33), Changloon Tamil school denied playing field and kindergarden(34), Kulim Tamil school child dies of heatstroke! (35), PH grants Pajam Tamil School RM5,000.00 and two bicycles for top students! (36), Deputy Headmasters’ position in danger in Tamil schools (37), Third World era Mayfeild Tamil School Hall (38), Taman Melawati Tamil School’s defective canteen (39), Tuition problems at Kampong Pandan Tamil School (40), NGOs’ help pay school fees for GunungRapat Tamil School pupils (41), Tamil Secondary School denied (Promise No 5, PH Indian Manifesto) (42), High Tension TNB Electric Cables built above Frasers Hill Tamil School (43), 41 year old right to “Cuti Peristiwa” now denied (44), Four new Johor Tamil schools unable to be opened(45), C.F denied for Tebrau Tamil School (46), Parents physically stop developers attempt to demolish Semenyih Tamil School Fencing(47), (UMNO era Education Ministries’ racist policy) to solve Tamil School problems one by one (48), PH EXCOs’ (even) RM2,000.00 Deepavali goodies announcement to 61 Negeri Sembilan Tamil Schools not honoured ! (49), 16 Tamil schools not open despite being completed two years already! (50), CF denied to Bukit Jalil Tamil School (51), smelly and dirty rubbish lorry pass through Jalan Akob Tamil school (52), PH Minister’s (yet another empty promise of) Hostel in Carey Island Tamil School (53), 37 Tamil schools building not completed up to 8 years (54),Kelumpang Tamil School denied maintainance funds (55), 95% completed 18 months ago but Tun Dr.Ismail Tamil school, Johor cannot be occupied (56),Annual Funding denied to Kelumpang Tamil School (57), Jeram Tamil School still in Construction Cabins (58), afternoon session in Saraswathy Tamil school, SgPetani (59), Traffic lights to prevent accidents denied to Changkat Jong Estate Tamil School(TelukIntan)(60), Storage area converted into classroom at LadangEscot Tamil School (61), Tun Dr. Ismail Tamil School in Education Minister’s Constituency denied 150 meters access road, termites, wiring issuesand cannot be openedfor use(62), (cramped)Mak Mandin Tamil school denied adjoining land (63), Eleven Tamil Schools/Annex Buildings cannot be opened for up to 3 years because denied C.F. (64), Highlands Estate and 32 Tamil Schools denied even Kindergartens (65), Five (estate) Tamil schools with no enrolment in standard one but refused to be relocated to largely Indian populated areas in nearby towns(66), Eleven Tamil Schools with fewer than 10 pupils in standard one in Batang Padang District (Tanjung Malim)but refused to be relocated to largely Indian populated areas in nearby towns(67), Six Tamil schools in Baling alonebut refused to be relocated to largely Indian populated areas in nearby towns(68),Borrow students from Towns to avoid Tamil school closure (69) Six Tamil schools with very low enrolment in estates refused to be relocated to largely Indian housing estates in nearby towns(70). Semburung (Layang2) Tamil School denied PH Government allocation and funding. (71)
*as per PHs’ 1st year Anniversary Paper by P.Uthayakumar
Content retrieved from: http://sahabatrakyatmy.blogspot.com/2019/09/ph-tun-mahathirs-umno-era-divisive.html.