To be the pre-eminent platform to drive the agenda of social and human rights advancement for a progressive Malaysia. MAJU will always remain an independent apolitical organization
Our Purpose is to:
- Promote a united multi-ethnic multi-religious society
- Provide legal and social services to persecuted and marginalised people
- Enhance the understanding of citizen rights and civic duties
- Promote educational reforms that would enhance equality and unity
- Engage the government and authorities to promote a progressive agenda for the advancement of Malaysian society
- Promotion of human rights, conflict resolution and reconciliation.
MAJU will engage in a recruitment drive of Supporters amongst Malaysians who supports its agenda Supporters will form a network of like-minded individuals that will be able to carry-out activities in their communities throughout the Nation for and in support of the above objective and purpose. Fidelity to MAJU’s Objective and Purpose is paramount and shall be maintained at all times. For this, the choice of a Foundation, controlled and managed by select Council Members instead of a public/members-driven organization, has been the preferred route.
Tawfik Tun Ismail
Mohamed Tawfik Bin Tun Dr. Ismail was a Member of Parliament for Sungai Benut (currently Simpang Renggam, Johor. He is the eldest son of Tun Dr Ismail Abdul Rahman, the much-loved and respected late 2nd Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia. He works occasionally as consultant for the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore and has contributed articles to its publications. He is a graduate of the University of New England and the University of Oxford.His books include “Malaysia’s First Year at the United Nations” and “Drifting into Politics: The Unfinished Memoirs of TUn Dr Ismail Abdul Rahman ” (both with Ooi Kee Beng)